Sunday, November 30, 2008

OS-X Bootcamp Missing or Corrupt Issue

I got my OS-X Leopard 10.5 a few days ago. After OSX installation, I went to Preference->Utilities->Boot Camp Assistant and then configured it. After reboot and installed the Windows XP, when my MacBook rebooted, it always failed and showed a message as below:

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
\system32\hal.dll
Please re-install a copy of the above file

I've tried various attempts with no success. I searched Google but nothing really helped solving the issue. Finally, I retried again by restoring the OSX into single partition and repartitioned it using The Bootcamp and chose 32 GB FAT32 partition for the Windows. During Windows Installation, I did not delete the partition created by the Bootcamp, but instead just chose NTFS Quick format. Out of my suprise, It worked.

So, the main issue before was that I should hadn't deleted the BOOTCAMP partition I shouldn't had used Windows' Partitioner) and just straightly reformat it and install the Windows.

It works now, except it couldn't find the audio driver (all the other devices were recognized and installed through the OSX CD).

No comments:

Post a Comment